1 large eggplant
1 24 oz jar of pasta sauce
1 ½ cup of panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons of olive oil
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut eggplant into slices that are about ½ inch circles.
3. Spread olive oil on a baking sheet.
4. Beat eggs, coat the eggplant slices with egg mixture, and then coat in breadcrumbs. Place the eggplant slices onto the baking sheet as a single layer.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the eggplant slices, and bake for 10 more minutes.
6. Take eggplant out of the oven and increase the temperature to 475 degrees.
7. In a casserole dish (8x10”), layer pasta sauce and eggplant. Use tongs to move the eggplant slices as they will still be very hot. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese between each layer and the top layer.
8. Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes. Cheese will be melted and golden brown. Makes 4 servings.
3 cups trimmed Brussels sprouts, cut in half
½ yellow onion, chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
2. Cook garlic and onions, stirring often, for about 5 minutes until they have softened.
3. Add the Brussels sprouts to the skillet. Do not stir until the undersides of the sprouts are golden brown (5 to 7 minutes). Turn Brussels sprouts over and repeat.
4. Season with salt and pepper if desired.