Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Blueberry-Mango Mahi Mahi

I love fish and I try to have it once a week if my budget allows it. I paired the dish, as you can see, with steamed broccoli and baked red potatoes. This recipe came from "The New Abs Diet Book". I don't really consider myself on any one diet. I just love good food!


Makes 4 servings
160 calories per serving (fish)

Ingredients:
1/3 cup blueberries
1/3 cup diced mango
3 tbsp red onion 
1 tbsp minced cilantro
1 minced jalapeno pepper
1 1/2 tsp olive or coconut oil (use some for cooking the fish)
1 tbsp lime juice
4 Mahi Mahi, or other white fish (4 oz)

Directions: 
1. Mince the red onion, cilantro,and jalapeno pepper. Dice the mango.
2. In a small bowl, add blueberries, lime juice, and oil. Add the mango and the minced vegetables. 
3. On medium-high heat, cook the fish for about 4 minutes until crispy on that side.Turn on other side and repeat. If you used frozen fish than follow the directions on the package. 
4. Place the fish on the plate and top with the blueberry-mango mixture. 
5. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment