Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sandstone Mountain


This was a very fun hike, but not for the hot of summer because there is no shade. To get there from Saint George you will need to hop I-15 and head towards Leeds, Utah (exit 22). Drive through the town and pass Silver Reef. On your right you will turn onto 900 N Road. This road starts out paved and you will pass some houses. It will turn into a dirt road with lots of sand. This is where I suggest you have a truck or off road vehicle. I did make it in my little Honda to the first parking lot that has the trail head for the Toquerville Mineshaft, but I can't make it past there because of the rocks. The trail head starts near the second parking lot. This hike is medium to hard and is about 2-3 hours. Bring lots of water and sunscreen.



This one is looking into the Hurricane Valley.


Lots of sand if you are heading down to the Arch trail.

Some of my hiking buddies! Charlotte, Niki, and Tera!




No comments:

Post a Comment