Saturday, August 17, 2013

Philly Cheese Steak Peppers

This is one of the best ways I can get Justin to eat peppers and onions, besides sneaking them into his burger patties! I am always trying to get myself to eat more veggies as well and these aren't that hard to make. I paired it with some corn on the cob, but you could also make rice, couscous, or quinoa to go with it as a side.


Stuffed Philly Cheese Steak Peppers
Makes four servings

Ingredients:
2 large green peppers
1 package 6 oz. of  roast beef 
1/2 onion
4 slices of cheese (I usually do Provolone, Swiss, or Muenster)
1-2 tablespoons of oil
(you can also add mushrooms)

Directions: 
1. Cut the peppers in half and place them on a cookie sheet. Cut the cheese slices in half and place one of the halves inside each pepper (save the other half for the top). Pre-heat oven at 400 degrees.  
2. Chop the onion. Slice the roast beef into thin strips. In a pan, on medium heat, stir the onions and roast beef with the oil until onions are softened. 
3. Spoon the contents into the peppers. Place the cheese on top and put in the oven. 15-20 minutes of cooking time. 

Lunch meat works just fine, but if you are wanting to do actually steak, that's fine too. I hope you enjoy them if you make them and let me know what you think! 



No comments:

Post a Comment