Monday, September 23, 2013

Almond Joy Smoothie

Do not skip breakfast, folks. I am not going to go into all the reasons why you shouldn't skip it at the moment, but trust me I am going to find time to write an essay on it one of these days. For the time being I will settle with a delicious recipe! I got this one from the "The New Abs Diet Cookbook" by David Zinczenko. The Abs Diet is probably the only diet I get along with. I don't follow it religiously, but they do have several good recipes and ideas when trying to get back on a healthy track.


Servings: 1
Calories: About 330 

Ingredients: 
1 cup of milk
1 tablespoon of almond butter 
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
1 banana
1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
1 tablespoon of unsweetened coconut flakes
3-5 ice cubes


Directions:
1. Simply add them all in a blender.
2. Enjoy.

Okay, don't let the ground flaxseed or unsweetened coconut flakes scare you away. They tastes just fine when all mixed in with the smoothie. Now the calorie count depends on what type of milk you use. I personally like milk with fat in it, so I use 2%, but skim milk will work just fine. I haven't tried it with almond or soy milk, so if anyone does, please let me know how it tastes. 


4 comments: