Sunday, September 8, 2013

Avocado Burgers

I don't make these very often, but when I do, it is awesome! With everything on it, the burger is about 535 calories (with 94% lean beef). You can always go bun-less, or minus the cheese. Even though I am a total cheese lover, avocados are a good substitute on burgers. I am not saying burgers are healthy, but every once and awhile I crave them and if I am going to eat one, you better believe I am going to eat one I make at home. You can also try ground bison or turkey for a more lean burger.

Ingredients:
Makes 7-8 Patties
For Burger Patties:
1 pound ground beef, bison, or turkey
1/2 red or yellow onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 egg
2 tbsp honey mustard
3 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Directions: 
1. Mince the onion and garlic in a food processor. 
2. In a bowl add the ground meat, honey mustard, ketchup, egg, and Worcestershire sauce. Add the minced pieces of onion and garlic. Mash together with a fork until well blended together. 
3. Form a ball in your hands with the meat mixture and lightly smash it down to form a patty. 
4. Place on a cookie sheet (with some wax paper) and place the patties in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes. This will help them stick together better when cooking. 
5. Cook after the 30 minutes. I use a George Forman grill so that I can get more of that fat off. 

For Burger Fixings (optional):
Avocado 
Wheat Ciabatta Roll
Pepper Jack Cheese
Spicy Mustard


I also put some Frito's on in the picture because I had some laying around my kitchen from a previous meal, but I don't usually do that. I hope you enjoy!  




No comments:

Post a Comment