Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cheesecake

First I will say; everything in moderation. I love cheesecake! I don't usually eat a lot of sweets, but when I do I make them from scratch. I want to know what goes into them and therefore what I am putting into my body. This was for my mom's birthday party.


Makes 8-10 servings
Ingredients:
15-20 graham crackers
1/2 cup unsalted butter
8-oz cream cheese, room temperature
12-oz sweetened condensed milk
10-oz can mandarin oranges
5 tbsp fresh lemon juice

Directions:
1. Put the crackers in a large zip-lock bag, seal, and crush with a rolling pin until they are similar to breadcrumbs. 
2. On low heat, in a saucepan, melt the butter. Once melted, remove from heat, and add the crackers. Blend together until they are all coated in butter. 
3. Spoon the crumbs into a 8-inch cake pan and put in the fridge to set for 30 minutes. 
4. While the crust is chilling; put the cream cheese, condensed milk, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Beat them until smoothed. 
5. Pull out the crust and add places the mandarin oranges. Pour the cream mixture over the top and place back in the fridge for another 2-3 hours. 



It is a really simple and tasty recipe. Next time I am going to try putting fresh raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries. Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo dish recipe will be up soon. Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment