Thursday, October 10, 2013

10 Steps for Weightloss

Janae's List

Step One: Take a "Before" picture. You don't have to show anyone if you don't want to, but have it. People would tell me "Oh, you've lost so much weight!", but sometimes you can't see it on yourself. If you do this, you'll find it a great way to track progress.


Step Two: Take measurements. Just like taking a "before" picture. It's a great way to track your progress. Weighing yourself is fine, but if you gain muscle than the scale is going to trick you. Write it down in a journal or keep a note in your phone. 

Step Three: Find out healthy weight goal. You need a realistic goal and timeline, whether you are bulking up or slimming down. 

Step Four: Action Plan. Five days a week commit to at least 30 minute work outs. Walking, yoga, dancing, etc. Get that heart rate up! Move, Move, MOVE! 



Step Five: Cut out all Trans Fat and High Fructose Corn Syrup. I could list more things, but to keep it simple start with that. As Jillian Michaels says in her recent book, Master Your Metabolism, "If it doesn't have a mother or come from the ground, avoid it."

Step Six: Read the labels while shopping and check serving sizes. Knowing what is in your food and how much a serving size actually is can really help when trying to lose weight. 

Step Seven: Try to cook as many meals from scratch as possible. I know this can be tricky with how busy life can be, but still try to eat the best you can. The less processed foods, the better. Also do NOT skip meals. 



Step Eight: Drink lots of water! Cut out soda and other sugary drinks! Just do it! 



Step Nine: Let yourself have a cheat day. Fridays are my "Cravings Day". I go on a date, and eat somewhere nice, or eat a cupcake. Forgive me, I am human. Sometimes on a Monday I will be craving something really bad, but than by the time Friday rolls around I don't even want it anymore. This method can help with cravings. Plus studies have shown that when you restrict yourself from something you are more likely to pig out on it later. Moderation is key. Sorry in advance for the picture below (I am just really proud at how this cake turned out). 


Step Ten: Be kind and patient with yourself. This is a long process; Rome wasn't built in a day. You can't beat yourself up if you don't lose five pounds after two weeks. Every body is different and you have to try and have a positive attitude about it. Make a motivation board with goals and things that make you happy. Remember you need to be getting healthy for you; not because a High School Reunion is coming up. 







2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this list ! I took notes and I'm gonna do a journal with all the advices I found and all the goals and accomplishement I do.
    You really make me motivated ! Thanks so much :)
    Ps : I am Just-Cin on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome! Thanks for reading my blog! I hope these steps work out well for you! Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete