Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo

So, I enjoy going to Olive Garden. When I go, I love getting calamari and don't even get me started on the bread sticks! When I go I love to get the Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo dish. It is so tasty, but the downside (besides how many calories it is) is that it is $16 for a plate! I decided to make it myself and it isn't to costly. It's not to hard to make either. I didn't actually track the calories on this dish, but I can try to do all the math later.


Makes 4 large
or 6 smaller servings

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds of steak
1 1/2 cups of Italian dressing
2 tbsp chopped rosemary
2 tbsp lemon juice
4 cups of spinach 
1 cup of chopped green onions
15 oz Alfredo sauce 
3-4 tbsp Gorgonzola crumbles
(save some of the crumbles to sprinkle on top)
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
1 pound of fettuccine pasta

Directions:
1. Cut the steak into 1 inch cubes. In a mixing bowl or glass dish put the Italian dressing, rosemary, and lemon juice. Place the steak in the marinade and let sit in the fridge for two to three hours. Make sure to turn the meat over half way through. 
2. Once the meat is marinated you can cook it to your liking (medium, rare, etc). I used a George Forman grill. Place the cooked pieces to soak in a bowl with balsamic vinegar. 
3. Start the pasta, cook according to the package. 
4. In a sauce pan, on low heat, pour the Alfredo sauce. Once heated add the Gorgonzola crumbles so that they can melt and blend well. Next add the spinach and the chopped green onions.
5. Once the pasta is done, add it to the sauce, and stir it together. 
6. Dish the pasta and dress it with the steak, sun-dried tomatoes, and Gorgonzola crumbles. 
7. Enjoy. 


In case anyone needs visuals, here is what I bought. The meat is already cooked in this picture, so the lemon and Italian dressing aren't in the picture. I bought this all at my local grocers, Harmon's. Also if you aren't familiar with cheese, Gorgonzola is a Italian blue cheese. I love all cheese for the most part, but not blue cheese so much. Gorgonzola has just enough of a different taste for me to like it. I would say pair this with a light salad because it's a very filling/rich dish. Every once and awhile you need to treat yourself to something special, and if you cook it yourself than it will be less calories than if you ate out at a restaurant. If you have any questions let me know!







No comments:

Post a Comment