Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Taco Soup

Day four of Soup Week! This is a recipe my mom used to make me a lot when I was younger and I still love it. It was the only time we had Frito's in the house. It has no meat, so it is vegetarian friendly. I usually add a little bit of sharp cheddar cheese.


Makes 8 servings
217 calories

Ingredients:
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1/3 can tomato paste
1 can corn kernel
1 can pinto beans
1/2 pkg taco seasoning
(optional: Cheese, Avocados, Frito's, etc.)

Directions: 
1. In a large pot, pour all of the contents of the cans, except the black beans. Drain the black beans and put only the beans in the mixture.
2. Add the taco seasoning and tomato paste. 
3. Add two can's worth of water. 
4. Bring to a boil. Let simmer on a lower heat for 25 minutes.
5. Pour into a bowl and put on desired toppings. 
6. Enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment